I’ve been in Las Vegas since January 2007, almost 12 years and I can’t say I love it here because I like to live where there is a beach. I think it’s alright to live here, but I think if you’re just visiting, you will definitely enjoy it. I first came to Vegas when I was 21 and it was like WOW! All the lights, casinos, shows and especially the food. It was awesome and I got experience with my loved ones which made the trip better.
I didn’t really know what to pack when I first came to Vegas, but it really depends on the season you come to visit. Lately, the heat has been staying longer from April - October. That is six months of heat. It tends to be cold or hot in April, but otherwise, it’s warm and then extremely hot 100+ in June -September.
- Lip Balm - Its really dry here and you definitely need that lip balm everywhere you go.
- If you’re coming during April - October. I would definitely bring 1 light jacket or 1 long sleeve, the rest should be shorts, short sleeve tops, tank tops, flip flops and sneakers for walking.
- If you’re coming during November - March. I would definitely bring jackets, long sleeves, maybe a scarf and boots.
- For the girls - crossbody or messenger style bag for easy on the go when shopping and or walking around the strip.
- If you plan to go clubs, Ladies - nice dress and heels ; Men - nice button down shirt, jeans and dress shoes. Boots are not accepted.
- Camera/Video - Although our smartphone can take awesome pics/video, sometimes a better camera/video can be better if your like me. I love to take high quality pictures and video so I can showcase them online and print them.
- Of course - your toiletries - toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, perfume/cologne. I do like to bring my own shampoo/conditioner in travel size because I am really selective when it comes to my hair.
- Lotion because its really dry. I mean it.. It is really, really dry here. Vegas is the dessert. When I was in Hawaii, I rarely put lotion, but when I moved here. It’s definitely a must.
- Sunglasses or a Hat - I have to wear sunglasses everyday because I am always out everyday. The sun is hot and you definitely want to protect your eyes.
- Sunscreen - Look for a makeup or lotion that has sunscreen protection. Especially when you go out during the summer.
I know there’s a lot more, but I’ll keep this list to ten items.
I hope you enjoyed this post and please feel free to leave any comments or email me.
Enjoy your visit to Vegas! The best time to visit is April or October.